Saturday, February 18, 2012

Dutch Theodóra in the snow

Look o look: we had some snow in the Netherlands last week and temperatures dropped down to a seldom felt -16'C! Dutch Theodóra desperately needed warmer clothes, so I finished her Lett Lopi sweater and knitted her a warm skirt. Still she doen's wear socks yet, but I found some wooden shoes for her to wear. No need to walk in the snow on bare feet. My intention was to knit her a Staphorst costume, that's the reason the skirt is a little shorter then in the pattern. Now I've changed my mind, because Dutch Theodóra is not a very Staphorst type of girl and I will probably rip the skirt back and knit her some warm pants instead.

1 comment:

  1. Staphorst or not, she looks very fine to me! The wooden shoes make the trick!

    ReplyDelete